Slow painting

Friday 16 January 2009

Allotment sky


This is the first Skywatch post I've done on this blog, tho I've done a few at Occasional Scotland. But the skies at the allotment site have been beautiful lately (last Sunday excepted). It's one of the few places I'm at as a matter of course in the city where buildings aren't the main backdrop. However historic Edinburgh's buildings may be, it's refreshing to have a more natural horizon. Another reason to love coming along to the site.

Other Skywatch posts for this week can be found here.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty capture for your first SWF on this blog:)

SandyCarlson said...

That's a wonderful natural horizon. God bless.

Louise said...

Wonderful clouds, and your getting the bare branches in the shot definitely adds to it.

Anonymous said...

Very Nice!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I love those fluffy clouds and the trees against the sky. Nice shot!

Linda Jacobs said...

I love those little popcorny cloud dotting the sky!

Just a Texas Gal said...

Welcome! I haven't been posting long, but I enjoy doing it. What a nice sky with the clouds ripply across.

Bergson said...

very blue this sky
i hope the same for your week end

Patricia said...

I love the clouds, they look like small pieces of cotton spread on the blue sky :)
Happy Sky Watch and have a wonderful weekend!

My blog

Pulsatilla said...

Love the sky over the allotment - the clouds are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely composition -- certainly the tree framing is at least as pleasing as are buildings.

vincibene said...

Beautiful picture, I like the perspective.
Thanks for the visit.